The price of the SD1M is still way too high!

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,805Gear list
Like?
Re: The price of the SD1M is still way too high!
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Apr 13, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

In a way, they have already done that. My Pentax Q can use K mount lenses via the Pentax K to Q adapter. In fact, that's why I bought the Q so I could connect it to a DA 55-300 and shoot at nearly 1700 mm at F/5.8..

Yeah - I know. And I know you think its fun

So - lets not discuss the conversion of equivalent apertures when you change the sensor size. Too boring. Or?

Actually, the little sensor in the Q is not too bad with decent glass in front of it. The 02 zoom lens that shipped with it is pretty bad, but some of the Pentax forum users are getting some very decent results with the DA 55-300 and even with the Sigma 50-500 and adapters. I'll play with it and compare it to what I get with my Swarovski ST80 and Meade ETX 90 and various Nikon digicams afocal, but the nice thing is that with the in-body stabilization, some half-way decent results are being produced hand-held at full 300mm (about 1650mm 35mm equivalency). They are good enough to print at even 11x14 or larger. The Q to K adapter is a pretty sophisticated optical and lets you use the mechanical shutter. Fairly good HD videos have also been taken with the combination so we'll see how it works out once I can afford to get the lens and adapter.

So - you think that Sigma shall take out the old Polaroid sensor out of the closet and make a mirror less camera?

No, that probably wouldn't be too great, but if they produce some really good glass which can complement the SD1 sensor, I could see the DPM series with a decent EVF, built-in flash and removable lens being a good seller...

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow