The price of the SD1M is still way too high!

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,573Gear list
Like?
Re: The price of the SD1M is still way too high!
In reply to DaSigmaGuy, Apr 13, 2013

DaSigmaGuy wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

DMillier wrote:

I wonder whether an interchangeable mount is possible - a kind of modular mounting system that can be swapped out for a different mount without the use of fussy mechanical ebay adaptors?

Yes, its possible.

But ... I have a hard time seing what good that would do Sigma.

I think Pentax shall do a mirrorless camera that is compatible with K-mount via such a modular mount.

In a way, they have already done that. My Pentax Q can use K mount lenses via the Pentax K to Q adapter. In fact, that's why I bought the Q so I could connect it to a DA 55-300 and shoot at nearly 1700 mm at F/5.8..

Lin

Lin, you do know that your not actually getting 1700mm focal length and that all your actually getting is the field of view equivalent of a 1700mm lens?  Crop factor does not increase magnification, you simply get a narrower FOV for a given focal length lens.

Come on Alf - I've been at this a few years- I don't need a lesson in physics - LOL...

Let's put it this way, when I put my CP990 on my Meade ETX-90 and shoot at an "equivalent" 5989 mm I can get images not possible with "any" of my dSLR's regardless of the lens or lenses I use. To the telephoto shooter, it matters not the technicality of "how" it's done; the important thing is that it "can" be done. By the way, there is a little bit more to it than the field of view. There is the fact that the entire complement of the sensor's available photosites are vested within that tiny field of view. Try cropping a capture from a Nikon CP800E on an 800mm f/5.6 with a 2x teleconverter to the field of view of 5980mm and show me the "quality" of image you get and tell me how many pixels paint the area of the subject. Why don't you write and tell Canon to stop advertising their SX50 HS as having a 1200mm zoom. Hey, it's only a field of view thing.... Here's an example at 5980mm:

Lin

Nikon CP990 - Meade ETX -90 at 5989 mm (35mm Equivalency)

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow