how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
offtraildog
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?
In reply to salla30, Apr 13, 2013

I recently went thru this .. was considering the rx100 since the kit lens size was large enough to not encourage me to take the nex5n everywhere (skiing, hiking, backpacking, casual walking around)

i went to the local camera store and took sample shots with both and a zeiss 24. Zeiss clearly was the best but still too long .. similar to the kit .. but a great IQ comparison

was very hard to tell the difference on normal viewing between the 1650 and kit lens.  .. maybe i have a good kit lens or don't care about viewing my images at 100% since that is bigger then my 24" monitor!

i got the 1650 and am happy.  i would be happier if it were as sharp as the zeiss but the 5N now fits into a lowepro dashpoint 20 and i take it just about everywhere.

the 5N is a better camera then the rx100 and with the 1650 is a great blend of IQ and size.

offtraildog's gear list:offtraildog's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow