Rangefinder on the way....

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,986Gear list
Like?
Da (stupid little accessory) flash + "wireless" flash
In reply to Hen3ry, Apr 13, 2013

Amalric

Okay, here is how it goes. Somehow (and I don’t know how) I have got the thing out of second curtain mode. You probably think that's simple and obvious -- I tried simple and obvious but I tried the simple and obvious and it didn’t work.

Then after I had been messing around, somehow it worked properly. Sigh!

You set the camera (controlling the flash in the hot shoe) and the second flash to RC mode. Then in the camera, you go into the super control panel (once you have the cam in RC mode that appears when you press the info button, according to the manual, or the okay button, in practice for me, and the super control panel comes up. You can then set the intensity of the individual flashes. The one that is doing the triggering can be set to OFF (so it just does the tiny trigger thing), M (you set the strength of the flash manually), or TTL (so you get auto TTL exposure). In addition, you can set it to under/over exposure.

So looks as though this might be the answer to your prayers (or other entreaties).

Thank you for spurring me on to actually run the tests and see how it works!

Oh -- in the super control panel, the silly little accessory flash is called the built-in flash. LOL.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow