READ THE MANUAL!!!

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Graham Best
Senior MemberPosts: 2,472Gear list
Like?
Re: Manual ? No
In reply to jwkphoto, Apr 13, 2013

jwkphoto wrote:

By reading Gary's book I discovered 'focus peaking' and now I can easily focus the lens plus with a much larger viewfinder. Not only that, with the A57, I can use all the different exposure modes where before I it would only work in manual exposure mode.

Jerry

I'm happy you're happy, but one has no need to "read Gary's book" to use focus peaking. I've never read a page from one of his books, but I was "up to speed" with focus peaking within 15 minutes of unpacking my a77.

Likewise, semi-auto exposure modes have been around for years. There are many free resources available on the web, with detailed explanations, to be had with a simple search (here's just one example http://photo.tutsplus.com/articles/hardware/camera-exposure-modes-explained/).

I don't begrudge anyone making a buck, but I'll bet most people would be better served reading the factory manual and engaging in a little self experimentation with their camera. If one wants additional help with photographic principles, read something specific to the subject (e.g., lighting, exposure, or composition).

Graham Best's gear list:Graham Best's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha 7R Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow