READ THE MANUAL!!!

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Graham Best
Senior MemberPosts: 2,446
Like?
Re: Manual ? No
In reply to jwkphoto, Apr 13, 2013

jwkphoto wrote:

By reading Gary's book I discovered 'focus peaking' and now I can easily focus the lens plus with a much larger viewfinder. Not only that, with the A57, I can use all the different exposure modes where before I it would only work in manual exposure mode.

Jerry

I'm happy you're happy, but one has no need to "read Gary's book" to use focus peaking. I've never read a page from one of his books, but I was "up to speed" with focus peaking within 15 minutes of unpacking my a77.

Likewise, semi-auto exposure modes have been around for years. There are many free resources available on the web, with detailed explanations, to be had with a simple search (here's just one example http://photo.tutsplus.com/articles/hardware/camera-exposure-modes-explained/).

I don't begrudge anyone making a buck, but I'll bet most people would be better served reading the factory manual and engaging in a little self experimentation with their camera. If one wants additional help with photographic principles, read something specific to the subject (e.g., lighting, exposure, or composition).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow