110 film is to 35MM as M43rd is to FF?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,845Gear list
Like?
Re: 110 film is to 35MM as M43rd is to FF?
In reply to tko, Apr 13, 2013

If your point is that FF will prevail over mirrorless cameras like 35mm photography has prevailed over 110 film, should I remind to you that film photography is dead, whatever the format (Note: I know, I know, there are still a few great photographers using film but that's an endangered species).

Horse carriage were replaced by smaller cars.

Big fullframe computers were replaced by smaller desktop (and laptop) computers. Long-play records, radio transistors, and Walkmans were replaced by smaller iPods and iPhones.

Rolls of films, VHS, DVDs, Blue-Rays were or will be replaced by invisible digital files downloaded to your house through waves.

The digital revolution has replaced almost all domestic devices (except TVs) by smaller, more reliable devices.

On the contrary, for years, the trend in serious photography was toward bigger and bigger cameras, monstruous lenses (compared to the lens generally used in 35mm photography).

Mirrorless cameras are replacing low-end and middle-class reflex cameras. One day, they will replace top quality cameras except those for very specific purpose (astrophotography, for example).

And one day, mirrorless cameras will be replaced by something smaller and more handy. That's life.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow