Cougar encounter

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Byrne
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,906
Like?
Re: Dave:
In reply to dave gaines, Apr 13, 2013

I'd like to share a story with you. In the Aus rural city of Mildura situated in the northern most extremity of my home State and built on the banks of Australia's largest river (Murray) a friend and long ago business colleague used to own and operate the local zoo. Among the many animals were two mountain lions, a male and female, both had been domesticated to the point of being just big cuddly cats (His words not mine). When my up close and persoanl encounter happened the male had alreasdy deceased so I only met and patted the female "very very cautiously I might add". The utter strength of this beast was extremely evident and could be clearly felt through my pats. I am very much aware that such an animal commands great respect and needs to be handled with extreme caution. I was definitely intimidated but assured in this instance and with this animal all was OK but still not convinced by a long shot.

If you don't know of or haven't read about the history of Mildura you may like to take a look in Wikipedia and read about the influence two Californian brothers by the name of Chaffey had on the development of this place, and how it became established as one of my countries most effective Irrigated rural communities.

Cheers,

JB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow