Tripod research is testing my sanity, advice please

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Questions thread
tmctavish
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Re: Tripod research is testing my sanity, advice please
In reply to nuschu, Apr 13, 2013

With a couple of heavy tripods from my pro days, I went thru all the deliberation over a tripod for travel [& photo daypack]. One I could carry on my day pack, was stable enough for the heaviest of my digital outfits - my Sony A77 with battery grip and Sony 70-400 G lens [which isnt a light combo] and was not heavy or bulky and would fit well on my modified Lowepro photosport 200aw day-pack. I finally decided on the Three legged Thing "Brian". 1.7kgs, 5 section, carbon fiber legs, mono-pod convertible, column hook to add weight [ie: hang my pack] for extra stability, very nicely made and these Englishmen who designed them, named them after famous Rock guitarists. So all good It is going to Hawaii with me in 2 days. A search on Youtube will show a good demo by the company owner. There are so many good options out there that are hard to fault, this was just my choice and thus far I am very happy with it... cheers. Cam

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow