if only!!!!

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leo33
Senior MemberPosts: 2,853Gear list
Like?
Gianluca
In reply to janlu, Apr 12, 2013

janlu wrote:

.... and thanks for posting this one as it's really a very nice and well thought picture and it allowed for such an interesting discussion .

Of course it seems your eyes are really working on some compelling aspect about composition , and i love the fact that you do this in the most natural way , without any pretentious rewarding .

I like this picture very much , so i took the liberty to think about that... and since i have seen that you dosen't mind , i would like to contribute with my personal vision .

Btw , tell me if you are not enjoying that i allowed myself to post a different version of one of your picture , and i will understand ... no problem, at all !!

The background square patterns on the wall are such some perfect candidates to use them in the framing (4+2), i also like the yellow barrier you have included , but i think it doesn't add so much to the composition , and the upper light stripe is not really needed in the "dreamy" area ..... That area  is just really shining on its own , only the guy really need this   ....and you have just interesting colors matching in all the case .

Btw , i like the picture as it is .... but i think that Carl was quite right in his interpretation.... always matter of taste of course .

So this is my own interpretation about all i have said above .....

Not sure if it's better or worse , and it's not important at all , the important thing is exchanging opinions and interpretations ..... Thanks !!!

Ciao, Gianluca

-- hide signature --

Gianluca, I prefer your treatment over the original. I feel that by eliminating the empty space to the right, the model in the poster is highlighted, creating a much stronger image. What is also interesting to me is that the white surface the model is sitting on is answered by the white light above the guy, serving to create a pleasant balance.

Cheers,

Emil

Leo33's gear list:Leo33's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm XF1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pcNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow