Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Why should I care?
In reply to MediaArchivist, Apr 12, 2013

MediaArchivist wrote:

Why should anyone on this forum care?

As this is the Open Talk forum, you don't have to care.  That's why it's called "Open Talk".  If you are interested, you can comment, if not, you don't have to.

If I were a sales or marketing department head for Olympus or Sony, perhaps. But this is not a forum for marketing, it is a forum for photographers. How do month to month sales figures affect my photos?

The news posted by the OP, of course, will not effect your photos.  But it is interesting to me.  Why? Because we are continually told by DPR, by review site, by "expert" camera prognosticators that mirrorless cameras are the next big thing that will essentially replace DSLRs for the majority of hobbyists / amateurs.  The line they've been feeding us is that in the near future only pros with bother with FF DSLRs and most amateurs and enthusiasts will use mirrorless camera because they are smaller, and IQ almost (not quite) but almost as good as DSLRs, and more than good enough hobbyists.  This has been conventional wisdom, which is one reason why DPR and other sites spend so much time writing about mirrorless cameras.  The only trouble is, as the OP's link seems to indicate, apparently the predictions of the demise of the DSLR have been greatly exaggerated.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow