Press events on Tuesday, April 23, 2013?

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
MarshallG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,714Gear list
Like?
Re: Press events on Tuesday, April 23, 2013?
In reply to TTMartin, Apr 12, 2013

TTMartin wrote:

Well given that the 7D is priced within $100 of the D7100, and honestly now that the DPReview D7100 studio shots are up I'm not impressed.

DPReview 7D vs D7100 RAW @ ISO 3200

From the DPReview comparison, I don't see anything wrong with the 7D's sensor. I'm not impressed by more pixels and more focus points per se. But in the past 3 1/2 years, technology has improved. Canon should be able to put a larger, OLED touchscreen on the camera, they ought to give us USB 3 transfer, and wireless chips are dirt cheap, so built-in WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS should be a given at this price point.

It would be really sweet if I could use WiFi or Bluetooth to view my shots on an iPad screen, for example. In my opinion, such features would improve my photography. Whether Canon or anyone can make meaningful improvements in focus, exposure or image quality is another question altogether -- but I do not take any stock whatsoever in raw numbers, I listen to what DPReview has to say.

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow