Is FF sensors going to slowly phase out?

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Josh152
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187
Like?
Re: Is FF sensors going to slowly phase out?
In reply to Robgo2, Apr 12, 2013

Robgo2 wrote:

With their RX1 camera, Sony has achieved what many thought impossible--miniaturization of the FF format.  Although the RX1 has its limitations, the potential for surmounting them is now very real, and there can be little doubt that a FF MILC is on the horizon.  Of course, it will be expensive initially, but is that not always the case with groundbreaking technology?  And anyone who has seen the IQ from the RX1 would not make silly statements about how smaller formats are just as good.  Not everyone requires ultimate IQ all the time, but when it is required, a larger sensor will always be the way to get it.  Also, as a recent RX1 owner, I can report that the IQ is highly addictive.  I find myself wanting it all the time. 

Rob

FF MILCs already exists.  Leica makes them. Their new M even has AF from what I understand.  I could easily see manufactures like Fuji, Sony,or Olympus making a FF MILC that is around the same size as the Leica M but using modern mass production to keep the price more reasonable.  Say around $2000-$3000.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow