Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,000Gear list
Like?
Re: Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...
In reply to John Sheehy, Apr 12, 2013

John Sheehy wrote:

RichRMA wrote:

If that were absolute, the Pentax Q would be the most important wildlife/astrocamera extant.

The only reason that I don't use the Q for more focal-length-limited work is because it is not easy to use it adapted to DSLR lenses, as far as subject quality is concerned, versus cropping from DSLR sensors, it trashes them.  The big pixels just can't compete, for both resolution and visible noise.

John, I know you're a huge fan of super high pixel density. This scenario only applied when you unable to move closer or you don't have long enough lenses.

If there was an EOS camera, fully functional like the 7D but with a much smaller sensor with much smaller pixels, I'd pay $2000 for it in an instant.

However in reality Pro(s) and many enthusiasts willing to spend more on super tele lenses and DSLRs in various crop formats so they don't need to crop severely. Then no way Q or any small sensor cameras can even touch Sharpness (resolution + acutance) and IQ as a whole. That's why Olympus FT DSLRs never really take off in sport fields and serious wildlife photography (except birding involved in small birds as even 800L is not long enough), no mention small-sensor Q as IQ from respective systems are not even close.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow