SRT201
Senior MemberPosts: 1,932
Like?
Re: Do I really "need" a Q :-)
In reply to audiobomber, Apr 12, 2013

audiobomber wrote:

- I don't want to start collecting lenses for another mount

I concur.

- Supertele results with the Q are not better than adding a TC, or even two, to my K-01 and DA*300. I bought a Carry Speed VF-3 yesterday to improve usability of the K-01.

WISH I had that lens.  Nice!

I have that VF-3 on my list.

- I don't need more choices of which camera to bring, which lenses to pack, second guess, change my mind at the last minute, forget something I need.

Totally agree.  Gear paralysis is problem that grows with your collection.

- Size is the only real advantage of the Q, the K-01 beats it in every other way. Best use what I already have. I have a fanny pack that will fit the K-01 with DA 40 mounted. I have a small shoulder bag that will carry a K-01 with lens mounted and a small prime. I will look for a small belt case today that will carry the K-01 with FA 35, because that's my main lens. Then I won't have any reason not to pack a camera, and no further reason to buy a small sensored camera.

I love my K-01 as well and with the DA 40 it is very compact.

But damn, that Q with 8.5mm is cool.

No two ways about it but the 8.5 is pretty much ruled out unless I want to pay $800 for the two lens kit!

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow