Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peiasdf
Regular MemberPosts: 208
Like?
Good and cheap camera for video indoor.
Apr 12, 2013

Hi everyone, I need a recommendation for a camera/camcorder that can take as good as possible video for as cheap as possible. Difficult criteria but not much choice and the budget it tight because I have spend so much on the event. It is for a funeral. 

The camera will be on a stationary tripod and settings not changed during recording. Room is about 22x10 meters (70'x33'). All light will be from recessed floodlight and fluorescent lamp/tube. Overall it will be slightly darker than college classroom.

I have a X-E1 but it is not every well suited for recording not to mention the 29 minutes limit. I think I am going to set it up as backup as the entire event is 3 hours. We don't want to hire a pro photographer/videographer not only because of cost but also because it would be very weird have a stranger running around while everyone else is mourning.

I am thinking of buying a hacked GH2 and resell it afterward but don't know if it is good for the job. Don't know if I can buy a regular one and hack it myself either. I am in New York so I can rent camera from Adorama. If I am renting, I am thinking of 6D, 5D3, GoPro HERO3, Canon XF100/XF105 which is going to cost me about $100 over the weekend. Canon C100 and Blackmagic Cinema are too expensive to rent and I never used pro video gears before.

All advice and criticism are welcome. Thank you

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow