F900EXR - I'm in love

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Photofreak7
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,703
Like?
Re: F900EXR - I'm in love
In reply to Richard Southworth, Apr 12, 2013

Richard Southworth wrote:

Amazon prime is dangerous, free two day shipping and cheap ($4) one day ship.  Thursday I read that Adobe and Fujifilm had jumped into bed together, and being primarily a raw shooter type that was all the push required, pulled the trigger and Friday started taking pictures with my blue (it was a few dollars cheaper than the black) F900EXR.

I am the owner of a S100, G15 and ZS15, as well as some m43 gear, used to be heavy into Nikon DSLRs.  This little Fuji compact packs more into less than any other camera I've owned.  I have it set up whereby EXR and P mode are more or less equivalent, except I get 8mp 13mb raws from EXR and 16mp 26mb raws from P.

The noise is very well controlled, for both raw and jpg (light touch on NR for high ISO jpg), IS works well IMO at long focal lengths, color is good, and wonderfully ACR accepts both size raws and produces good results.

I'm not much into video, but full HD at 60fps seems ok, and even the pano mode is cute.  Grab one of these little gems, I checked out several pocket long zooms and this is easily the best I've found.

Richard Southworth

I just opened the wallet (again) and got the F900EXR as well ... it was KLs site that helped me decide so when I get mine I can't wait to shoot with it. I have the G15 and am considering the XF1 as a pocketable replacement for mostly indoor shooting.

-- hide signature --

Don't feed or mess with the crazy person ... just take a photo and walk away ... just walk away man!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow