Tripod research is testing my sanity, advice please

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Questions thread
Kuppenbender
Senior MemberPosts: 1,814Gear list
Like?
Re: I think you would benefit from spending a little more
In reply to nuschu, Apr 12, 2013

nuschu wrote:

I have to say I'm finding the Feisol pretty compelling from a size standpoint.  Have you had any issues with stability at all?

No, none whatsoever.

After watching a review on setup and breakdown I can really see the benefit in speed with the twist lock style legs over the lever locks and it overcomes a fear of mine that if the tripod is too bulky that I'll end up leaving it home more often than not.

That was my reason for going with the Feisol. In my case I was upgrading from an old aluminium Manfrotto. The few hundred grams saved has made the world of difference as to whether or not the tripod leaves the house.

I just wouldn't want to sacrifice stability since that's the whole point of a tripod to begin with, especially with some of the long exposure shots I'd like to experiment with.

The design of the ct3442 brings the camera a lot closer to the apex of the tripod than with other designs. If anything this makes it more stable than other tripods, even those with a higher claimed maximum load.

Kuppenbender's gear list:Kuppenbender's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow