D600 price drop soon. Also to be replaced by new D600S model

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
MTT
MTT
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,951
Like?
I see oil spots at F8, with less then 3K shots on it.
In reply to wireless, Apr 12, 2013

I think my D600 is the fastest oil singer in the west. Just joking, no use gripping about it. It is what it is. Most time I shoot in DX mode, so hardly see the spots unless I shoot FF. I been looking for the right cleaning kit to buy, the copper hill seems to be one people like the best.

wrote:

That's just sale reps sitting around talking and coming up with stuff off the top of their heads.  This kind of speculative talk is common among any industry's insiders.

I remember in my industry some people were talking about how the new Microsoft OS phones were going to take the enterprise market by storm.  The security (a big deal in corporate entities - loads of customers) of MS phones would already be integrated with Windows and the MS office applications in use on most corporate desktops.  Hasn't happened.

Now as far as the "un-fixable shutter problem" that's just hot air.  For the people who need to shoot stopped down far enough to make them visible, a sensor can be cleaned with the copperhill images kit in 4 minutes.  I really just can't believe how this topic goes on and on and people that complain don't take the simple steps necessary to alleviate the spots, and yes, they might have to do it more than once.

best, David

-- hide signature --

http://mtt.smugmug.com/photos/245519815-O.gif
This is me Post Processing. If only I can get it right the first time!
Full time auto tech, part time photographer. Mark Thompson/MTT
Louisville, KY. USA
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'.. but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?
http://markthompsonphotos.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow