A99 viewfinder - please help

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Febs
Regular MemberPosts: 452Gear list
Like?
Re: That's just the way EVF is...
In reply to Sonyshine, Apr 12, 2013

Sonyshine wrote:

An  earlier point I made ( and others )   is  that I have never encountered one of these so called dim, contrasty EVF's - where are they?

Hi Sonyshine,

If you read through this thread you will find that there are a quite a number of people who say that to them the EVF is dim in bright light. So these so called dim, contrasty EVF's are right here in this thread. 

It is interesting that other people like you don't have the impression of a dim viewfinder at all! I believe like Domenick that the difference of opinion mainly comes from the different level of tolerance to the brightness of the viewfinder.

By the way if you look at the EVF closely and then compare it to the back LCD, you will find that the EVF is more contrasty than the LCD. So the WYSIWYG whilst being quite good, is not yet perfect.

Cheers, Fabian

Febs's gear list:Febs's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow