Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
FoolyCooly
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Re: The most important factor is emergence of superb cameras on cell phones.
In reply to Len_Gee, Apr 12, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

Hello,

Here's another spin on why possible reason for decline of mirrorless camera sales.

I was recently in BB to look at Nikon A.     The salesperson I spoke with said eventually mirrorless and P&S will end up like the dinosaurs.  Why,  I asked?

He said it  is because improvements in cell phone camera  IQ.  Most popular seller is Apple iPhone5 but Andoid not far behind.   And  cell phone camera IQ is "good enough" quality for the "John and Martha's"  who are  not really interested in added expense and  in carrying more imagining devices (cameras).   Salesman said almost everyone owns at leastone  cell phone.    Also the impact of immediate uploading of  images and videos on social sharing  websites is a big reason for camera sales decline, in the salesperson's opinion.    

Salesperson said he sells more smart phones in a day than mirrorless cameras in a week.  Very few customers even know about mirrorless cameras or even care about the IQ benefits.  .   

That will kill the mirrorless and P&S cameras for all except the Pros and rabid photo euthanasia.  And the likes of DPR forum gear heads.

So,  hang  on to your mirrorless cameras.  Soon  they will be a novelty?

I myself own 3 Pammy MFT, and Sony RX100 , and the iPhone5  that I always carry..   Admittedly I have a bad case of G.A.S.     

A BB Sales Person said... OMG!

The kids in my local BB tried to sell me a Nikon V1 over a 60D and 7D. Even after I told them it would be a backup to my 5D II. He said the V1 could shoot 60 FPS and it would be great for event shooting for that reason. Possibly but it wouldn't mount my Canon lenses without some tradeoffs.

I never purchase anything from BestBuy anymore but I'm happy to test cameras out in their showroom.

-- hide signature --

The best camera is the one you have with you.

FoolyCooly's gear list:FoolyCooly's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow