A99 viewfinder - please help

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Domenick Creaco
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Re: That's just the way EVF is...
In reply to OntarioJohn, Apr 12, 2013

OntarioJohn wrote:

We seem obsessed with something that is irrelevant .

The object of the EVF viewfinder is not to see exactly what the eye would see.

The object of the EVF viewfinder is to see what the sensor will reproduce.

-- hide signature --

--
John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit
Take some shots and SHARE...more fun that peeping at pixels at some crazy ISO!!!

Some people do not like a dim viewfinder(in very bright light) while others do not seem to be bothered by it. It's a personal tolerance issue. My style of shooting is to quickly bring the camera up to the eye compose quickly and shoot. Anything that hampers this process like not being able to quickly discern the proper composition is not preferable for me, so I dot think it is irrelevant. for me. Trusting my cameras ability to capture a clean wide dynamic range image with a fairly accurate exposure (using some exposure bracketing for tweaking) has yielded very satisfactory results for me up until now.

I think I am an adaptable person and having invested much in the alpha system, an A99 or evolution of it is probably in my near future. So getting used to this may not be a problem. When I buy the camera I'll make sure to get it from a dealer who will accept returns if I cannot adapt.

By the way for your last statement above, how can a dim contrasty viewfinder show you what the sensor will reproduce. I don't think the EVF is a match in dynamic range or contrast for the sensor but only an approximation.

-- hide signature --

Domenick Creaco

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow