Maybe a D-600 without an antialias filter
In reply to SethG, Apr 12, 2013

SethG wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

Dcjones wrote:

I was talking to a Nikon sales rep. today that seems to know some inside info on the goings on with the D600.

Words fail me. I am seriously questioning why I should purchase another D800 body to try and get one that works...

Seriously. You believe this? Someone with 10 posts puts something like this up and you believe it? Send me your address, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I don't fully believe it, but I don't "not believe it lmao. With what Nikon are doing lately...nothing would surprise me. Not even this!

When have you ever heard a Nikon rep disclosing info on future products that have not been announced? I expect something like that would get the rep fired.

Not being able to fix it is not a credible statement. They could replace any and all parts without having to rename the camera. They are not forced to come out with a new model to fix a materials or design flaw.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

I've talked with a number of Nikon reps over the last few months (at store events and CES) and the ones I've established some kind of rapport with would always say "They never tell us anything until right before or at the public announcement. And even if I *did* know something, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you."

The D600 has been out for six months. There's no way they'd have a true replacement camera out already. If they started engineering a "fix" model on the first day that oil/dust problems started appearing, they'd STILL be 6-12 months from a releasable product.

-- hide signature --

- Seth -

I could see a sensor without the antialias filter....on this 24 mp camera, it would be a super winner!!

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

Peter Damroth's gear list:Peter Damroth's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow