D600 price drop soon. Also to be replaced by new D600S model

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtan163
Senior MemberPosts: 1,269Gear list
Like?
Re: I find it less than credible because...
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 12, 2013

Robin Casady wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

Dcjones wrote:

I was talking to a Nikon sales rep. today that seems to know some inside info on the goings on with the D600.

Words fail me. I am seriously questioning why I should purchase another D800 body to try and get one that works...

Seriously. You believe this? Someone with 10 posts puts something like this up and you believe it? Send me your address, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I don't fully believe it, but I don't "not believe it lmao. With what Nikon are doing lately...nothing would surprise me. Not even this!

When have you ever heard a Nikon rep disclosing info on future products that have not been announced? I expect something like that would get the rep fired.

Not being able to fix it is not a credible statement. They could replace any and all parts without having to rename the camera. They are not forced to come out with a new model to fix a materials or design flaw.

It might be more marketing than engineering.

I.e. they rename it to make it clear that if you buy a model with an 's' crayoned on to the model name plate you are buying a copy with whatever magic new/redeeigned part is required to fix the dust issue.

I'm not saying that it is what is happening, just suggesting that even though they can as you say replace every part without renaming, they might choose to rename anyway and a new AF module (and maybe other tweaks) gives them an excuse to "legitimately" call it a new camera.

It's even possible that this model was slated to be the next d600 and was to be released on a year or two, but they are releasing it early due to PR.

Not sayin' that's the case - just sayin'.

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow