Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jlynchtx
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Which 4/3 Prime Lens is best for video
Apr 12, 2013

I just ordered the Panasonic G5 from Amazon with the kit lens and the 45-150 lens.

I am already researching which prime lens to buy first... This will be for indoors and I plan on shooting video at least 1/3 of the time. Which prime lenses work for video. I am reading a lot of mixed reviews and different information.

I know they all will work to some degree, but which ones don't make a terrible amount of noise and focus hunt, etc. I am aware that non have OIS and that doesn't bother me.

Is the Panasonic 14 2.5 the only one? I was looking at the 20 1.7, 25 1.4, and possibly the 45 1.8 from Olympus. I was kinda leaning towards one of the 20's because they seem to be a good middle ground. But if the 14 and 45 are best for video, then maybe I will just save up and get both of those.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, i couldn't find anything. The reviews on Amazon are all over the place on video use for these lenses.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow