Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,376Gear list
Like?
Re: not res
In reply to qianp2k, Apr 12, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

John Sheehy wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

The two types of "resolution" you're speaking of...are are more related to the concept of sharpness and not resolution.

Nonsense.  Did becoming a moderator give you a license to alter reality?

LOL.  That's what I saw also he thinks himself an authority to decide who is right and who is wrong.  My puzzle on him is that why he keeps changing post subject line (title) then keeps suggesting someone off-topic

Changing subject lines has nothing to do with changing topics.

There are very few people more aware of the difference between resolution and sharpness (or acuity) than I.  I rail about the difference all the time.  I did not conflate them in my post.  It is all your doing.

He keeps downplaying sharpness (as something really not important to him) and emphasizing his "resolution".  I thought he knew what he meant until I saw this photo that closes to 100% cropped size (click 'original size' link to see in full size).  Even at reduced size, I don't see much textual details on the building and the photo is soft and mushy, and becomes total cr*b viewed at full size.  So to him 18mp is 18mp regardless if the lens can resolve or not, regardless if his eyes (or anyone's eyes) actually can resolve or not  No mention I have no idea why he shoot at ISO 250 at 1/320 from 17-55/2.8 on his 7D (from a bridge not on a moving vessel.  I know this place exactly as I was there last year).  I am sure about if I took 5Dc on the same scene with 24-105L the combo will resolve lots more fine details than his one, hehe.

And you keep confusing resolution and actance.  The 7D with good glass outresolves the 5D with good glass.  Even your shots proved it....as did those from two other people.  Your issue is that the photographic evidence doesn't support your biases...so you attempt to come up with excuses and try to invent scenerios where your old 5D can try to win....but it cant....so your rants continue.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51021107

Anyway I don't believe he knows what he is talking about, LOL.

-- hide signature --
 The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow