Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pete peterson
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?
Re: PART II -- I've RE-DONE the shots in manual mode
In reply to Herts_JoaTMoN, Apr 12, 2013

Herts_JoaTMoN wrote:

Pete peterson wrote:

Ok So i took people's advice and re-took these shots in manual mode for a better comparison.

This time the pictures are very similar. The Sony's are a little warmer than the Fuji. The white toy from the fuji looks a little greyer and the sony has a brown tinge.

I must say though even though I was berated by some people here, the Fuji did a great job without having to resort to manual mode. The pictures in the original posting were all done in aperture priority.

Sorry but I've tried to upload for comparison but the upload fails every time I try.

If the Fuji works for you then you have your answer as to which one to keep. Your only issue will come if you decide you want a different focal length...

I still find the Sony results suprising though given that i'm on my 3rd NEX body (3 -> 5 -> 5N) and never seen it under expose like that. If anything I found that it sometimes over exposed by about 0.3 EV in normal light and more in darker scenarios. I dont think people were berating you personally (at least that wasnt my intention) but rather were concerned that your camera is not performing correctly.

-- hide signature --

Ben Williams - UK
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hertsjoatmon/
NEX 5N / E 18-55. Sigma 19. / Minolta MC 50 1.4. Tamron 90 2.5 Macro. Vivitar 100 3.5 Macro. Soligor 135 2.8 / Raynox DCR-250 / 49mm CP filter / Spare battery / LIM's flash bounce. Film canister diffuser / OPTECH wriststrap
Nikon V1 / N1 10-30. N1 30-110 / Franiec Grip.
Sony TX10.

I appreciate that, I think it was a couple of people who misunderstood my thread's intention. Most of the posters  on this thread have been great.

I think now I'm going to decide on ergonomics and the sony wins but there is a £250 premium on that!!

I'll try and get those pics on here anyway.

Pete peterson's gear list:Pete peterson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow