if only!!!!

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,036
Like?
Re: if only!!!!
In reply to Edward48, Apr 12, 2013

Sorry to upset you D. That wasn't my intention at all. Of course you are free to analyse any image and to evaluate what it says to you, to help you find out why you like it.

Thanks for your reply. You did not upset me, I was just tired and a bit sensitive and I thought that my effort of discussing the image was not welcome.

Analysing an image in that way isn't what I mean by waffle, this is:

I once listened to people in the Whitechapel Art Gallery having very deep, long, earnest conversations about a series of large, blank white (very expensive) canvasses. I think that the more expensive they were, the more meaning they had It was hilarious and could have come straight from a TV satire show.

I know exactly what you mean. But hopefully we can avoid this.

My point was that if the photographer had no other object in mind than to produce a visually appealing image, and does just that, then that's just what it is. No interpretation or analysing necessary or needed.

Yes D, I would say that most shots posted here on dpreview are just visual. Why does there always have to be more to it?

I guess you are right and in most cases I probably do the same. I have observed though that here in our forum the pictures that get more comments are the ones that include people. Have you noticed that? Why is this? I think it is because apart from the visual aspect of an imag,e the content is very important as well. Look at some of your pictures that include people and think why did you take them? I think it was not just for the visual effect...

I'm the opposite to analytical D, so I hope this makes some sort of sense to you. Not so sure it does to me now I'm reading it over!

As I told you in the past my left brain (logic) still dominates.... I am fighting it though!

I hope one day we will have the chance to shoot together in the streets of London.

D

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pcNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow