how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,371Gear list
Like?
how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?
Apr 12, 2013

i am toying with lens upgrades myself for my nex.

i got the RX100 and just love it's portability. It's why i got it in fact, as the NEX 5N was gathering dust.

Now my use of the RX100 has catalysed the use of the NEX 5N again, ironically, and I am appreciating the potential the NEX 5N has to offer more and more.

I am now considering to get the 1650e for my Nex replacing the kit 1855 zoom lens, simply to reduce the profile and also to get the power zoom for videoing.

So, question is: how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?

Any thoughts? Ive seen such mixed output from it and differing opinion online, am really unsure! I definitely dont want to take a step backward in IQ

It's either get the 16-50 or a couple of cheap sigma primes or maybe stretch to the CZ 24mm prime which is pretty desirable!

Thanks in advance for any comments.

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow