Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon FF v APS-C image comparison
In reply to gaddigad, Apr 12, 2013

gaddigad wrote:

emem wrote:

But another point that could/should be made is that IF a FF & APS-C camera with similar features and functions were the same price, very few of us would stick with APS-C.

As a side note. You can make the same argument about the Q vs. P&Ss or Nikon 1s or M43s. I think you should factor size, handling(vf) & capabilities into it.

Yes, you probably can make the same argument for those cameras - but not for me. I bought my first digital camera about 8 or 9 years ago -  a Kodak P&S, 3Mp - a terrible experience after using a 35mm SLR film camera. The *istDS was the first DSLR I could afford (or at least justify the money spent) and now I'm really not interested in anything less than the the K20D and K-5 I'm currently using. I did purchase a Panasonic Lumix ZS8 for those times when I didn't want to lug a DSLR around. I've had it for about 18 months and never used it "in the field". After using a decent DSLR, small sensor cameras and P&S type cameras leave me cold.

-- hide signature --

Mike M. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow