Rangefinder on the way....

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
OM User
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Rangefinder on the way....evf a must
In reply to Alumna Gorp, Apr 12, 2013

As someone who requires reading glasses I find the use of a dioptre corrected evf (or ovf) essentail in a camera. Even at arms length I find it difficult to check the LCD to see if a picture is in perfect focus or to change menu settings. When I am out and about (think tourist) I don't want to keep having to put my glasses on to take a picture. I'm probbaly not the only one who thinks the same.

I see no reason why a corner evf should not be tiltable, even 45 degress would make a lot of difference. By the same reasoning I don't need a tiltable rear screen as I don't use it to take pictures - only to view them with my reading glasses on when I can just as well tilt the camera.

A small tiltable corner evf and a fixed screen would make for a very compact body.

OM User's gear list:OM User's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow