OMD severe flash exposure problem

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chas J
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD severe flash exposure problem
In reply to daddyo, Apr 12, 2013

I have this problem with my Metz flash.

I have a G3 and an E-P2.   The problem is worse with the G3 but they both tend towards under-exposure most of the time (+1/3 to 2/3 EC) ... with it getting severe (+2/3 to 1 2/3 EC) if there is a large portion 'white' in the frame.

I also have a Nikon system and it is much better in this regard.

Chas.

daddyo wrote:

I will be following this thread with great interest, as I also find that Olympus flash metering is too greatly influenced by high reflectance surfaces. I encounter it all the time shooting professionally, but it's not a deal breaker, as I generally just dial in flash compensation when needed. However, there are times when I don't have time to do that, and just have to correct an image in post processing.

I am not at all familiar with Canons flash system, but it seems to work better than the Olympus system for the most part.

Given all the benefits of the E-M5 to me, I can live with the flash issue. However, I would like to hear from some Metz users to see if this issue is any different using Metz flashes.

I would love to be able to lock a mid-tone flash exposure when shooting people at events.

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

-- hide signature --

Doha, Qatar.
==============
Do Not Listen to What I Say ... Listen to What I Mean !.

Chas J's gear list:Chas J's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Nikon D70s Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow