Nex-6 and OM-D user comparison

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rob Sims
Regular MemberPosts: 397Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex-6 and OM-D user comparison
In reply to captura, Apr 12, 2013

captura wrote:

Phase detection DSLR's are faster and more accurate, for sure. But even Canon is having difficulty designing a good hybrid PDAF, witness the twin-chip 650D crop-body Canon. Maybe the 700D is better.

Some m43 cameras namely Panasonic nailed the contrast detection AF right from their first model. I believe that AF speed has an inherent design advantage for m43 over NEX APS-C. Not sure why.

I got the 5R although it's pretty much the same thing as the 6. The 5R has a titanium chasis allowing it to be smaller and lighter.

Yup, agree.  I had a panasonic GF3, their most entry level m43, and I remember being really impressed with the focus speed even with the pancake kit lens (I was only use it as a P&S replacement and didn't even buy the 20/F1.7 that's basically a mandatory purchase).  It's long since sold on so I can't do a test to see if it's faster than the NEX-6 even with PDAF... but somewhere in the back of my mind I have a sneaking suspicion it was.

Rob Sims's gear list:Rob Sims's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow