Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,074Gear list
Like?
The most important factor: the salespersons, brandname and systemtype.
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 12, 2013

Just go into a shop, pretend you are looking what they have and listen to the salesperson and the nonsense he blurts out. But he sells the cam 9 out of 10 times. And the cam he sells is either driven by the profit he makes on them and/or the ease of the sell.

With mirrorless cams it simply takes mroe time to educate people. also: if people have the intention to buy a DSLR there is zero reason to talk them out of it from a sales point of view. Most likely, people will need to rethink their choice. Your aim as a salesperson is to sell NOW. People that come into your shop and have made their mind op for 80% need little convincing. Why should you talk them out of it, unless you are not going to make money on it?

I have seen this before, there are shops in my region that get more money from Sony. I know so because i know exworkers. So I even went into a shop when it was very buzzy. Some peole saw me with a cam and started asking me questions. I told them what I thought about mirrorless cams and said that their best choice was a m43 cam. She wanted to use extra lenses etc. I also warned her that the salesperson would talk herinto Sony in this place. I bought the samsyang fisheye, tested it and returned because of some issues with it. And sure enough, she bought the Sony NEX5. I heard the salesperson really saying lots of nonsense. Yesterday, one such person told me how good NEX7 was in focus tracking. Excuse me...? No mirrorless is good in it and certainly not the NEX7.

Etcetc.

The salesperson are much more important than specs. Marketing is much more important. Being familair with a name and a system is more important than innovation for the total sales. Nikon and Canon have a huge advantage here. People know them, people trust them, people know DSLRs more than mirrorless cams: it is an easy sell, unless you have some strong (financial) ties. Like in my example with Sony.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow