Do I really "need" a Q :-)

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,574Gear list
Like?
Re: Do I really "need" a Q :-)
In reply to SRT201, Apr 12, 2013

SRT201 wrote:

Trying to figure out what to do with a BestBuy gift card and the Q (not the Q10) seemed an option.

I have the K-01 and really like it.  Sure the Q is VERY small but will it essentially just be a replacement for a P&S?

Depends on HOW you use it.  It can just be a decent fairly high end (in terms of IQ) but bulky if you leave the kit lens on point and shootnow at avery good price.

It can also be unique and do things that are difficult without spending a fortune.

Will that small appeal wear off when the sacrifice in IQ becomes more apparent?

For people who DO just treat it as a point and shoot, in a lot of cases, probably.

I gather the output looks decent in good light but gets into P&S territory when indoors.

It is a LOT better at low light than most give it credit for.....and especially if you put good fast lenses on it.

Opinions?

The most fun camera ever.

I have a LOT of lenses I WANT to try on it but just can not get myself to take a Canon FD 85 1.2 L off it.....

just got my Q three weeks ago and got a Oly E-PL2 two days ago ....the E-PL2 is HUGE compared to the Q.

Some snap shots with the Q on my flickr account...ordinary stuff.

The lenses I have tried so far other than a kitl lens are a 50 1.2 (excellent on a Q),

Canon 85 1.2 (in better hands than mine this combination will be superb).

Tamron 70-210 adaptall 3.5 (model 19ah)...a big lens that is very nice on the Q

and,  60 year old f2 58mm biotar...17 blades, no click stops.   This sucks on the Q (pity, I thought it might be good for video..still might be ok for that).

Only have 50 1.2 and 85 1.2 pics on flickr from the Q.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26884588@N00/

Thanks

... and yes I know... I certainly don't actually NEED one by any means.  

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

neil holmes's gear list:neil holmes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow