Herts_JoaTMoN
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
Re: low light shot of Sony NEX-6 vs Fuji X100
In reply to captura, Apr 12, 2013

captura wrote:

RGBaker wrote:

Amamba wrote:

The image is not only darker, it lacks detail relative to X100 image.

But as I said earlier, this is more likely due to the difference in lenses used.

Perhaps the lens used, but in truth the NEX photos look to suffer from motion blur or missed focus on top of being underexposed -- there is no doubt they are poor photos, I'm just not certain why they are as poor as they are. 
Cheers,
GB

Having read the entire post, I guess that the most likely scenario was that the OP had accidentally left his exposure compensation on the Sony at -2, or thereabouts.

We had already suggested that and the OP said they have it set to 0. Either they are looking at the wrong setting or there is an issue with there particular camera thats causing it to under expose. I guess a good test is to get them to up the EV to +1 or higher and try a similar shot to see what the result is. If it looks the same then we can narrow it down to either of those problems.

-- hide signature --

Ben Williams - UK
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hertsjoatmon/
NEX 5N / E 18-55. Sigma 19. / Minolta MC 50 1.4. Tamron 90 2.5 Macro. Vivitar 100 3.5 Macro. Soligor 135 2.8 / Raynox DCR-250 / 49mm CP filter / Spare battery / LIM's flash bounce. Film canister diffuser / OPTECH wriststrap
Nikon V1 / N1 10-30. N1 30-110 / Franiec Grip.
Sony TX10.

Herts_JoaTMoN's gear list:Herts_JoaTMoN's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow