iZoom, FZ200, LX7, FastStone - a few thoughts

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,444Gear list
Like?
Re: iZoom, FZ200, LX7, FastStone - a few thoughts
In reply to Rodger1943, Apr 12, 2013

Rodger1943 wrote:

I made a mistake on my Flickr site when I called it extra optical zoom, it wasn't, it was izoom.

Styoooooopid boy . . . never get to heaven now!

So to clarify that, on the FZ150, the izoom gave inferior results to digital zoom. On the FZ200 I could see no discernable difference between the two, one was as good (or bad) as the other, however if you use digital zoom you still have the problem of the zoom levels skyrocketing into the stratosphere with a very small push of the zoom lever. As a result of that I tended to stick with izoom as its limited to 48x at 12mp, so it can't suddenly jump to something like 58x or 74x at the mere touch of the lever.

Exactly - field experience is the most important.

All that other stuff is very technical and I for one can't understand any of it. Ha!

I'm just pretending.

I think the important thing here is that if you are happy with the results that izoom gives, and I am, then use it.

As I said above, "So iZoom on the FZ200 looks pretty good to me and I shall use it, with caveats, and I think that the fact that birders are using it is highly significant."

Thanks for all your comments Roger, they are influential.

Now then, how about some Swallows diving at terminal velocity?  You've done Gannets.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow