Future of photography: Imaging by light vector recording.

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Yan Duval
Regular MemberPosts: 133Gear list
Like?
Re: Future of photography: Imaging by light vector recording.
In reply to looper1234, Apr 12, 2013

This is certainly part of the future for photography, but it's also included in it's past.

Holography does that, more or less.

Work was also done on plenoptic cameras for many years, if not 100.  Since computing power is cheaper than ever, Lytro could put on the market a camera that does that too, with a twist.  The recording system is not super complex but the recorded image cannot be looked at.  You have to heavily process it to generate a readable image.

I am surprised by how natural these images are to look at.  When you focus your attention somewhere (with the mouse), that part becomes in focus.  I prefer this to having someone else force me to look at something.

It's a new tool, and I'm sure it's here to stay.  What remains to be seen is how popular it will become.  Hopefully new technologies will emerge to achieve this light vectorial recording.

-- hide signature --

Yan

Yan Duval's gear list:Yan Duval's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow