Nikon FF v APS-C image comparison

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,393Gear list
Like?
Who needs FF
In reply to bkpix, Apr 12, 2013

Not exactly a surprising comparison, anything else would have baffled me.  This said, who needs FF ?  I don't mean who want FF, (I want FF) but really, who need the DoF, DR and Noise advantage ?  Does the average enthusiast  "really need" FF to have equal fun and satisfaction (you know, those who never sell a single image, and hardly print anything bigger than 10x14), or is it a figment of our desires, power of suggestion or the peer pressure ?  What I do know, is that the advantages it provides aren't worth $2500 to me (actually no camera in the world is worth that much to me, never mind FF !), but it's me and I can't generalize to others; I am therefore condemned to live with APS-C for a long time to come... life is so rough, I'll need to talk to my shrink about that to help me cope with the stress and anxiety

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow