What is largest possible print size with a GH3 1 and 12-35/f2.8 (without loss of Quality)

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,562Gear list
Like?
Re: What is largest possible print size with a GH3 1 and 12-35/f2.8 (without loss of Quality)
In reply to josbiker, Apr 11, 2013

josbiker wrote:

Is there a relation in viewing on a P.C. monitor at 100% with a 16MP file, and if so, what is than the size of the printed photo?( with the same quality in relation too very minor details of the photo (pixpel peeping))

On my screen viewing at 33% gives me very close to actual print size and seems to be a good indicator of what the print will look like. Because of this I use 50% view for my quality checks when enlarging. I've done up to 36x48 with no pixelation and they hold up well to close inspection. That being said, very few of my images make it this far. They have to be very sharp to start with and the less PP the better.

I shoot raw, up-size and save from LR as PSD and then use Photoshop to convert to PDF for the printer. The more adjustments I make in LR or PS means the max size will be smaller assuming I start with a nice sharp image.

When in doubt, up-size your image, crop out a 8x10 of a critical area and have the printer run it. Won't cost much and gives you a good idea of what you'll get.

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hugeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow