SSD performance

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,839
Like?
AHCI, how to tell..
In reply to Tareq Abdulla, Apr 11, 2013

My HP laptop does not have a bios setting for this, it is automatic and it does support it.
If your new laptop has intell rapid storage support, you can look at the drives under advanced. One of the functions of AHCI is NCQ or Native Command Queuing. So if you seen NCQ support, it is running in AHCI. See below. This way you can tell if you are using AHCI. Realize, there are some drives like the Kingston SSDs that do not support AHCI and some drive and controller combinations like OZC and some versions of the Jmicron controller, but these are older units most everything new supports AHCI

DPR is not working right, if this image does not display, click on view original.

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

malch wrote:

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

What do you think?

I think AHCI is probably working, notwithstanding the info from Magician (which I'm now inclined not to trust).

You could try this storage controller driver. I think it may give slightly faster results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+%28Intel%C2%AE+RST%29&lang=eng

Thanks!

I will try this driver and hope it may help in something.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow