How good is the X100S?

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
framus
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Re: How good is the X100S?
In reply to mikew5163, Apr 11, 2013

mikew5163 wrote:

I think you need to forgive people for not spotting the link to your blog - it wasn't exactly obvious.  'Read my blog entry by clicking here' would have been better text to put in the link!

Anyway, you're probably getting negative comments about these photos because a) they don't show us anything technically that couldn't be done with a lesser camera and b) they're missing that all important facet of a good street photo; i.e. some kind of eye contact between either the photographer and the main subject or between people within the image.  Something in the image needs to tell us a story about what's going on under the surface.  That's what is missing from these photos, in my opinion (which I'm happy to be told is wrong because I am no street photographer myself!).

Not saying you are wrong but to assume that "some kind of eye contact between either the photographer and the main subject or between people within the image" is an essential quality of 'street photography' (whatever that may be) might rule out an image like this photo from Lee Friedlander:

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/11/24/20/2442253/7/628x471.jpg

framus's gear list:framus's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow