Continuation: Sensor Size, Present & Possibilities

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ermac
Regular MemberPosts: 397
Like?
Re: Most men are nothing but machines for turning food into waste
In reply to Erik Magnuson, Apr 11, 2013

Oh I've studied the history of photography alright, I know all about photo manipulation before computers...

I also know what Siegfried Kracauer said, do you?

Mostly my post was inspired by the drivel being said about the William Eggleston article. Truely I am more educated about photography and art than most of the dentists and lawyers turned 'artists' here. And I can squeeze photo's that sell out of a hundred dollar P&S, which means I don't appreciate sensor size or gear snobs . I also think it's funny that these 'top notch reviews' always show poor results from P&S camera's while my real life photos from even cheaper cameras at 100% look one hell of a lot better.

Also if you have ever studied color and its application in all aspects you'd know better than to compare an IRIS ('Giclee') print to an ink jet.

As for 30 years ago, I was 10. And I was contemplating the photos in National Geographic. I was also being taught to draw and paint but hey what do I know after 30 years of studying light and color?

-- hide signature --

--
I brake for animals.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow