A conversation

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
deleted080512
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Re: Books
In reply to Hulamike, Apr 11, 2013

I do not wish to self identify on the internet. I prefer to remain anonymous.

Meanwhile, I figure if this topic is aired enough, it might stop a few people following the idea that somehow just magically there might be a market for photography.

When it gets down to people saying "ah but you needed to do this" we are into snake oil territory as I found with SEO. Now that was a waste of time, effort and money. There's no point in being on whatever page of google if nobody is going to click on your website. I had a lot telling me "ah but what you needed to do" and each time it was a waste of time, effort and money.

I can lead a horse to water. I cannot make him drink. I can put an optimised website out there on page 1 of google. I cannot make people visit. I can show people my work and get gasps of admiration and questions on how I achieved various effects. I can't make people buy prints nor can I make people hire me.

Sales is partly temptation, partly encouragement and partly just dumb luck. I cannot sell a hammer to somebody that wants a screwdriver. The fact I have found is nobody wants to pay for photography no matter how badly they do it themselves.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Kit?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow