To go full frame or not?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,201Gear list
Like?
Re: To go full frame or not?
In reply to eilivk, Apr 11, 2013

eilivk wrote:

Have read again and again (and ag...), you don't need FF if you don't need wall sized prints. No need for that. But with FF you can crop more in PP? Going from compact to G3 and NX with 20 and 30mm, doing small prints was the chance to crop more. So I would guess the same goes for moving up to FF. Without a lot of heavy lenses. RX1 is very tempting.

For years struggled with low light, tripod did not help much for compacts, better with mirrorless. Often finding abandoned houses and factories. In museums you can't use flash and seldom tripod. Maybe you can get the same detail and quality of colour in low light with Nikon A, the best Fujis, OM-D as RX1, but I really doubt it. See what I see of images in Cybershot forum.

A lot COULD be happening with FF, Nex 9 seems to be most likely. Very interesting, but the cost of lenses... RX2 with EVF for the same price would be nice. Or larger with a non interchangeable zoom lens? Know quite a few people not going into "all those lenses". A lot could be happening this year or the next - and a lot of images could be lost before that.

To FF or to APS-C, that is the question. Common sense should dictate that the best (and efficacious) solution is to employ the best lens you can afford. And that nearly equal results can be gained with an APS-C system. Maybe one of those uber-bodacious Nikon planar-II lenses.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow