How good is the X100S?

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fogsville
Contributing MemberPosts: 539
Like?
Re: How good is the X100S?
In reply to TThorne, Apr 11, 2013

Constructive criticism:

I don't know what to look at in the images.  My eye wanders all over the place and I'm not sure what the author's intent is here.  What does he/she want to be seeing with these images?  There's nothing for the mind's eye to latch onto.  The author might want to consider framing them (or editing by cropping) so that the viewer is drawn towards  something specific within the frame.  As photographers using a recording device (camera) all we end up with to depict the world is a two dimensional surface contained within a four sided frame.  One needs to make what's within that frame be of paramount importance to the viewer (and the viewer in turn will add from their own mind's repertoire what they think may exist outside those frames.)  Otherwise it appears to be taken by a machine with its eyes closed.  It's fine to depict an overview of urban life with a multitude of various elements within the frame, but the mind's eye needs to be drawn to some sort of focus point and then go from there.

The camera is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it's a Fuji X100 or X100s.  Or a 4x5 view camera or a cellphone.  All cameras are capable of making compelling images.  It's up to the author to design the elements within the boundaries of the frame to make them compelling and to be worth an audience's attention.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow