Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,239Gear list
Like?
Re: Those pricy viewfinders?
In reply to geoffmalter, Apr 11, 2013

geoffmalter wrote:

BobT wrote:

Looks like the VF-2 might be my best bet for usability on BOTH cameras.  I had heard so many GREAT things about this device, that your neg. comments caught me by surprise.  Like I hadn't realized that I the VF might not deliver good color rendering, for example.  Interesting.  Maybe I should just forget it, and rely on my LCD alone.

Anyway...thanks for the food for thought.

Have you reviewed the Clearviewer (clearviewer.com)? I have had one on my LX-5 24/7 for nearly two years. Does the same job as an EVF, with a compact form factor when not in use, and a fraction of an EVF's price. Highly recommended.

I wrote a review of clearviewer almost two years ago: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/38501501

In general, I almost never use the VF-2.  I will use the clearviewer if I'm going to be shooting in the sun, and I'm primarily out there shooting.  If I just have a camera on my shoulder to take random grab shots, I typically won't use either, and just deal with the sun.

Note, I have modded the VF-2, so I have a thin wire around it, that I attach to the shoulder strap ring, so if it should fall off, I will have it dangling off the camera, and not somewhere on the ground.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow