Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,098Gear list
Like?
Re: Continuation: Sensor Size, Present & Possibilities
In reply to joejack951, Apr 11, 2013

joejack951 wrote:

joejack951 wrote:

Give an example of a true full frame equivalent lens for another format that "beats the hell out of a 35mm lens" based on price and performance. I'll be pleasantly surprised if you can find something as I have looked and cannot find anything.

Before we hit 150 posts in this thread too, I'd just like to point out that this question of mine still remains unanswered.

Since the person you're expecting to respond to hasn't been here, let us revisit what he actually said and then you should evaluate your "question":

danijel973 wrote:

That is partially true, but the other side of the coin is that most of the times you actually need deeper field in those situations so it's an advantage for APS. The other important thing to consider is that your 50mm f/1.8 is a huge exception re: price/performance, in that it has an excellent combination of price, sharpness and aperture. Finding such a lens and using it as a yardstick is similar to finding an exceptional lens for another format and beating the hell out of 35mm with it.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow