Rethinking 4/3 Depth Of Field

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
al_in_philly
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
A little background to the original posting
In reply to al_in_philly, Apr 11, 2013

I have a new show going up this weekend.  That means that this past week I've been printing and framing 24 mainly 16x20's and 11x14's.  Those of you who've gone through this ordeal know that you really get "up close and personal" with each print, exploring them in extreme detail.  This upcoming show is the result of 3 years of shooting in one rather dark dive bar (a couple of the links provided in the original post were from this series).  Looking at them, I was impressed with this work (as unhumble as that must sound).  The only technical misgiving I had on one or two of the shots was that I wished I had a touch more depth of field going on.  That's when this thought popped into my head: I was so glad that I wasn't shooting with a FF camera, as even if I could have shot them without drawing attention to myself (not likely), my issue with the DOF would only have been moreso.  That thought, and reading a few posting lamenting the limited DOF in m4/3 was the reason for my post on rethinking 4/3 depth of field.

al_in_philly's gear list:al_in_philly's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow