Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,704
Like?
Re: Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 11, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Thom Hogan wrote about the state of mirrorless camera sales and published the most recent data.

Mirrorless cameras continue to lose ground to SLR cameras.  The rate of increase of mirrorless sales does NOT match that of SLR's.   So not only is mirrorless not on pace to overtake SLR sales, they are in fact LOSING ground.

http://www.sansmirror.com/newsviews/panasonics-mirrorless-claim.html

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

As that article points out my opinion has always been that people overestimate the overlap between mirrorless and DSLR's.

Obviously the higher end mirrorless models like the Fuji's, NEX 6/7, OM-D and GH are offering somewhat similar handeling but the vast majority of mirrorless sales are smaller bodies with more limated manual controls than even the most basic DSLR plus of course no viewfinder. In terms of handling there much closer to compacts and I think they generally cater to former compact users who want similar handling but improved performance.

When your dealing with two different markets I think it makes sense they'll behave differently, itsd not just a case of X number of potential DSLR buyers going for mirrorless instyead each year.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow