D600 dust - fixed??

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Questions thread
jpaul53
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: Lost respect,
In reply to jpaul53, Apr 11, 2013

Nikon service center at Melville, NY, apparently, is a very inefficient organization.

My brand new D600 is with them for about 3 weeks now for the dust problem, and despite calling them very many times, and explaining them of the requirement of the camera this weekend, they would care the least. They say it takes 3-4 business days to get past each stage.

My experience is, 3 days for received shipment to be in the system. What about all the online forms I filled out before even sending it for repair. Another 3 days to get it to shop. Another indefinite days for "parts hold" knowing pretty well that D600 has a dust issue, they have to keep "Parts hold" status and wait for parts to be manufactured in China or wherever.

Then finally the status is "Bill" for last four days. Not sure when I will be lucky to get a "Shipped" status.

If you have a sensor dust issue with new D600, and if you live around near NY area, this is what Nikon has for you. A 15-20 days turnaround, if you are lucky. Consider this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow